Perennial Ryegrass Sod
Kuenzi Turf and Nursery’s perennial ryegrass seed and sod keeps its green color year-round and can handle both our dry, sunny summers and cool, wet winters. Choosing sod for your landscape makes installing and growing a beautiful low maintenance lawn fast and easy.
Perennial Ryegrass is an excellent grass for Northwest Landscapes and Gardens!
- Residential Lawns
- Campuses or Large Grounds
- Commercial Properties
- Golf Courses
Sod is a great solution to creating a healthy green lawn all year. If you’re renovating a lawn in the suburbs or commercial property in the city, our sod is the easy-care lawn solution for any location. We can help you find the right type of sod for every purpose. We ship by pallet and can customize the volume to be exactly what you need. We supply landscape contractors, golf courses, landscape contractors, and homeowners in Northwest Oregon and Southwest Washington. We will provide you with the excellent services and products you need to keep your property looking beautiful.
Perennial Ryegrass Features & Benefits
- Cool-season grass – Prefers regions with mild winters and cool, moist summers.
- Improved heat and drought tolerance in the summer and better density in the winter over earlier varieties of ryegrass
- Dark green with good density
- Fine leaf texture
- Known for its rapid establishment rate when starting a lawn from seed
- Produces attractive, tough leaves and low-growing crowns that create a stable turf
- Easy to maintain
- Moderate activity/foot traffic tolerant
- Consistent wear recovery, especially in spring and fall, when growth is rapid
- Excellent disease and insect resistance
- Developed through intensive breeding programs for the Northwest
- Proven themselves at the highest levels in the National Turfgrass Evaluation Program to perform well in Northwest climate
Perennial ryegrass sod is resistent to:
- Gray Leaf Spot
- Brown blight
- Brown patch