Rhizomatous Tall Fescue (RTF®) Sod
Our fescue sod contains Rhizomatous Tall Fescue (RTF®), which is a species of turfgrass that is extremely durable and dense. It creates rhizomes, which are underground stems that grow laterally through the soil to stabilize and spread the turfgrass. These rhizomes stem upward to the surface while also growing new roots downward, creating new plants.
The process is pretty similar to that of the Kentucky Bluegrass. However, RTF® sod differentiates itself with the ability to survive the transition zone climate and additional tall fescue sod regions.
Features & Benefits
The benefits of using Rhizomatous Tall Fescue turfgrass are endless. But we tried to sum them up in a list for your convenience!
- This fescue grass will replace damaged or bald spots with brand new patches of grass faster than any other species.
- RTF® turf grass is incredibly durable and will withstand high traffic areas.
- The density of the grass prevents empty areas for weeds to grow.
Durable and tolerant of harsh conditions
- The roots of this grass grow fast and deep.
- It has a high heat and drought tolerance, allowing you to water less often.
- It is able to adapt to a variety of different soil conditions.
Adaptable to different climates
- Excellent in the transition zone climate and other tall fescue fescue turf regions.
- Unlike weaker species, it will not get brown and ugly in the summer heat.
- It is even tolerant of colder climates
Rich color and plush density
- The fine blades of grass help to create a highly dense and uniform turf.
- It gets green early in the spring.
- It is able to keep its beautiful green color even in the summer.
Resistant of insects and disease
- Endophyte-enhanced to powerfully withstand disease, insects and drought.
- Environmentally friendly, reduces chemical and fertilizer inputs.
Less maintenance in the long-run
- RTF® sod requires less overall maintenance, including overseeding and weeding.
- This species is more consistently beautiful, producing less “wide-leafed ugly clumps” of tall fescue plants which are common in other species.
- Young plants first build the root and shoot system then concentrate on producing rhizomes. With RTF® sod, the rhizomes are already developed.
- RTF® sod, with the aid of rhizomes anchors itself faster, water requirements are reduced and turf can be utilized sooner.
Fescue Sod is a Great Choice
As you can clearly see, Rhizomatous Tall Fescue sod is an excellent choice for turfgrass, for both residential and commercial property owners.
If you’re in the Vancouver, Washington, or Portland/Salem/Eugene, Oregon area, give us a call today and we’ll show you why we are your best option for sod in the area!