Rhizomatous Tall Fescue (RTF®) Sod
RTF Sod Portland, Vancouver Wa
Rhizomatous Tall Fescue (RTF®) is a species of turf grass that is extremely durable and dense. It creates rhizomes, which are underground stems that grow laterally through the soil to stabilize and spread the turf grass. These rhizomes stem upward to the surface while also growing new roots downward, creating new plants. The process is pretty similar to that of the Kentucky Bluegrass. However, RTF® sod differentiates itself with the ability to survive the transition zone climate and additional tall fescue turf regions.
Features & Benefits
The benefits of using Rhizomatous Tall Fescue turf grass are endless. But we tried to sum them up in a list for your convenience!
Self-repairing turf grass
- This turf grass will replace damaged or bald spots with brand new patches of grass faster than any other species.
- RTF® turf grass is incredibly durable and will withstand high traffic areas.
- The density of the grass prevents empty areas for weeds to grow.
Durable and tolerant of harsh conditions
- The roots of this grass grow fast and deep.
- It has a high heat and drought tolerance, allowing you to water less often.
- It is able to adapt to a variety of different soil conditions.
Adaptable to different climates
- Excellent in the transition zone climate and other tall fescue fescue turf regions.
- Unlike weaker species, it will not get brown and ugly in the summer heat.
- It is even tolerant of colder climates
Rich color and plush density
- The fine blades of grass help to create a highly dense and uniform turf.
- It gets green early in the spring.
- It is able to keep its beautiful green color even in the summer.
Resistant of insects and disease
- Endophyte-enhanced to powerfully withstand disease, insects and drought.
- Environmentally friendly, reduces chemical and fertilizer inputs.
Quality turf grass for commercial properties
- RTF® sod requires less overall maintenance, including overseeding and weeding.
- This species is more consistently beautiful, producing less “wide-leafed ugly clumps” of tall fescue plants which are common in other species.
- Young plants first build the root and shoot system then concentrate on producing rhizomes. With RTF® sod, the rhizomes are already developed.
- RTF® sod, with the aid of rhizomes anchors itself faster, water requirements are reduced and turf can be utilized sooner.
As you can clearly see, Rhizomatous Tall Fescue is an excellent choice for turf grass, especially for commercial property owners. If you’re in the Vancouver, Washington, or Portland, Oregon area, give us a call today and we’ll show you why we are your best option for sod and turf grass in the area!
RTF® Additional Information:
- A copy of our Kuenzi Turf & Nursery RTF® Sod brochure.
- Use less water with RTF®. Research out of New Mexico State University on the water saving qualities of RTF® compared to other turfgrass varieties.
- Kuenzi Turf & Nursery RTF® Maintenance Brochure
- A very informative publication on “Managing Turfgrasses during Drought” from the University of California and written by Ali Harivandi, as well as several other co-authors. Really clarifies why RTF® (i.e. tall fescue) is the most drought tolerant of all the cool season grasses.
- Rhizome formation on RTF® compared to other tall fescue varieties.
- RTF® synopsis for Landscape Architects, Designers, Managers, and Golf Course Superintendents.
- RTF® testimonials – Read the great testimonials from golf course superintendents, landscape specialists, parks and recreation professionals, sports field superintendents and athletes.
For more information visit www.aboutRTF.com